Tuesday 18 March 2014

Open Road, Open Mind.

I believe it is fair to assume that we all have our own way of relieving stress or clearing our mind after a long day. Lately I find myself going for long drives when my mind seems to be focused on everything except what it needs to be.

Pictured above is the Niagara Parkway in the beautiful winter months. When its nice out I find myself going for runs on the parkway so this year I thought why not try driving it instead. We all have our own way to eliminate excess stress but there is something so calming about driving next to the river with the music blasted. I grew up on the parkway so I know it well, and I have all sorts of little places I have discovered over the years to park and escape the world for a little while. (I may or may not be sitting in my car next to my favourite dock writing this post).

Driving to clear your mind is one of the easiest things to do. While gas is still expensive sometimes it's worth it. The view is so refreshing and it's so easy to loose yourself in a song and forget all the negative. Does driving actually relieve stress? I suppose that depends on the individual, but my friends know that if I ask them to go for a parkway cruise it means something is weighing heavy on my mind.

The Niagara Region is riddled with scenic drives. From Niagara on the Lake, to Crystal Beach there is always something to see. In the winter months the ice and snow look beautiful on the river, not to mention the parkway homes always have the best Christmas light. In the summer the flowers and wildlife are often unexpectedly breathtaking.

I challenge all of you to take a nice long drive. See if it works to clear your mind.

57,155 kms and counting.


1 comment:

  1. It's nice to see I'm not the only one that finds the winter months beautiful. Especially when there is ice covering tree branches. I also agree that there is nothing better then a nice drive. Granted I don't drive but being a passenger is still nice :D
    Crystal Beach is always nice to visit and drive around and explore.
    Nice post :D

    ReplyDelete