Friday 7 March 2014

The Importance of the PLAYLIST



Everyone knows that every good road trip needs a pre-planned and well though out playlist. It is import to to reach every audience in your car and ensure that a minimum of three singalongs will occur. This means you need to include you classic Boy Band materials (Backstreet Boys). The 90's girl group, from personal experience Spice Worlds 'wannabe' is a sure fire start to a group sing along.

However I believe every playlist needs a few 'oldies but goodies' if you know what I mean. This means that I like to throw in a few songs that no one willingly admits they listen to, but we all know they're lying. My favourites for this include ACDCs 'Shook Me All Night Long' and 'Cotton Eyed Joe'.

In my opinion it your musical selection is the most important thing on any road trip. We all know that the radio is not always reliable and so for your night car ride I challenge you to take the matter into your ow. Hands. If this isn't your style why not give 8tracks or songza a try.

Happy travels.
56,348 Kim's and counting

5 comments:

  1. I completely agree! The music selection in my car is one of the most important aspects of my driving experience. I cannot drive without having either my favourite radio station on or my ipod playing. If I'm heading up to the cottage or driving for an extended amount of time, I will make sure I have a great playlist selected that everyone in the car will enjoy. Oldies are always a great choice, as well as songs from the 90s. And like you said, singalongs are a must.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could not be more correct! The only thing I like about long rode trips is singing along to great tunes in the car. I am a die hard boy band lover, so that is a sure fire way to get my vocal cords going. Love that you included certain classics from the Spice Girls and AC/DC. Great post Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so right, Jen! I love selecting the playlist for a road trip. My go-to is always 90s mixes. I could sing along to that (to my family's demise) all day long!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Play Cotton Eyed Joe in my car and you're walking! Hahaha, but seriously, I don't think I've ever undertaken a car trip that was over 1 hr that DIDN'T include a playlist. There's something so awesome about getting in the car and turning up your tunes. I've always found the car to be where I do some of my best singing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can defiantly confirm this.
    Without a playlist my driving consists of having one hand on the wheel, and the other on the radio, continuously hitting next.
    Playlists on your ipod or CD are completely necessary.

    ReplyDelete