Friday 28 February 2014

What does it mean when you turn up your radio?

There are only a few reasons one would turn up the radio in their car and it is the passengers duty to know them and react accordingly.

1. This is a great song.
For this particular reason a passenger is not only invited but encouraged to participate in a mini car jam session. All air instruments welcome and vocals highly recommended.

2. Lets leave the singing to the professionals.
We all have that one friend who believes she's the next Carrie Underwood. Well news flash sweetie but you probably shouldn't waste your time looking into the next Canadian Idol audition times. I am only turning up this crappy Adelle song to drown out the ruckus coming out of your mouth.

3. This song is deep. Embrace it.
Lyrics often connect with us on much deeper and emotional levels than an artist may anticipate. Connecting with song lyrics while in your car with a passenger in tow is when things can get a little tricky. At this point your only hope is that your passenger understands you on a much deeper level and will let you have your three minutes of pure lyrical bliss without judgment.

In short we all have our own reasons for what with do in our cars and particularly with our volume control. With this I ask you to chose your passengers carefully because no one enjoys a drive with a sub par copilot.

Happy Travels

55,555 kms and counting


8 comments:

  1. I always drive with the radio turned up, mostly when alone mind you, but I love music and have been seen by friends singing along at the top of my lungs.....:{

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing I love more then cursing along with some good tunes on the radio. I am sadly the friend that loves to sing to every song, despite not knowing the words and being slightly tone deaf. I guess I better take the hint when my friends turn it up to drown me out.
    -Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog topic! I love blasting my music when I'm in my car alone and belting out my favourite songs, though I would never do it with others in the car... My mom however is one of those passengers that believes we should leave the singing to the singers. I definitely agree that we should choose are passengers carefully, Thanks Jennifer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Catching a good song on the radio is one of the best feelings, especially on a sunny day. I love "old school" songs too, I definitely have a jam sessions (passenger or no passenger) each and every time a backstreet boys song comes on. Or Spice Girls, obviously. Fun blog topic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm probably that person in the car that thinks I'm the next Carrie Underwood, but I don't care! If a song comes on and I know it, I'm for sure singing it! I was in the car with my mom one time and I was switching through the stations and I knew the words to at least five songs in a row. She turned to me and asked, "How can you memorize all these song lyrics, but you get a C on a test?" I just kept singing...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am definitely guilty of driving with the music cranked up way too loud. I'm on the road at least 6 hours a week so I have a lot of test to practice my vocals and rehears for my next Karaoke jam session. I think the only reason I drive anywhere is so I have an excuse to listen to music. Passengers be warned, I tend to sing above radio level.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am that person that sings too! but only when I am alone. Driving from Welland to Ottawa definitely requires great music to kees me happy and awake. I agree with your post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very true!
    Usually the crazy singing happens with close friends, especially when you're on your way to some fun party and can't wait to then continue there.

    ReplyDelete