Sunday 9 February 2014

That Dreaded Gas Light

It appears to me that my gas light is forever dinging and blinking at me. A drive in my car is a constant battle between me and my gas light. This process to have become something similar to a war. I put in thirty dollars and it will feel like I drove around the block and then BAM my lovely blinking orange visitor is back on my dash.





The truth is I'm exaggerating just a bit, but I think most students could agree that they feel like they work to pay for school and to pay for gas.

So here are some gas saving tips
1) don't commute to school.
2) don't drive your car.
3) don't let other people drive your car.

Joking, these are unavoidable but there are somethings you can do to save on gas. Car pooling: Ask around, see if someone in your program lives in the same area. Ask your friends to pitch for gas. SERIOUSLY this is something I am always so afraid to do. The truth is however if they are a good friend and appreciate all the driving you do they'll be willing to hand over some cash for you willingness to drive them.

Drive Safe
54, 746 kms and counting.

2 comments:

  1. Gas prices are insane now. I remember first getting my car when I was 17 - it cost me $25 to fill up my tank. Now it costs me $45-50 to fill the sucker up. I'm hoping to move to Toronto after the program is finished.. I probably will be selling my car because with gas costs and parking prices.. totally not worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I regularly find myself driving until the gaslight comes on, and then driving a little more. But Kelly is right about gas prices, they're insane. Cyclists really have it figured out.

    ReplyDelete